Friday, 23 November 2012

Audience feedback- Task 10


For my magazine task, I was aiming to target a young audience between the ages of 16-25. Looking at the feedback i received from my audience I would say I met this target. One person said that the magazine looks like it is aimed for young people aged 16-24 and another said 16-25 which was quite close to the audience I initially intended to target. From the feedback I also got comments on how it was very clear that the magazine was about different and unique music. This supported my initial idea as I decided that my overall music genre would be alternative music.

However one person suggested that the magazine does look like its targeted more towards women which wasn’t planned as my main idea as I aimed to target both males and females, but the person concluded that the simple and subtle colour scheme throughout stereotypically targets men. Another person said that for them the thing that made them think my magazine is aimed at a young audience is the use of the cover line on my cover giving away tickets for a concert called the jingle-bell ball as a lot of young adults would attend to this event. This person also stated that they wouldn’t necessarily say that the magazine is portraying any ethnic stereotypes as it is quite a unique magazine and magazine.

The audience seemed to enjoy the subtle colours a lot. I aimed to keep my colour scheme for this issue of magazine simple and a bit dull to go with the main image on the front cover and with the winter theme that I was going for. The audience suggested that the subtle colours were an advantage for my target audience as it was targeted to young adults and not young teens. They suggested that the colours were not too vibrant for the reader. This means that they would not get put off when seeing the magazine stacked on a newsstand when it would be sold in the shops.

From the audience feedback, people have said that improvements on the masthead do need to be improved as it is the first thing the reader would look at because it is something that is promoting the magazine. Personally I would also say that I would need to improve on the use of the cover lines to make it sound snappier to promote my magazine professionally.

In terms of Photoshop and InDesign people from my target audience stated that it was very well used. People who I had asked what they had thought about my skills in these two programs said that I done quite well when it came to editing and putting my cover page together, and that by using InDesign I managed to put my contents and double page spread together effectively too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment