Wednesday, 5 December 2012

Changes to magazine after feedback










To finish my cover, i rearranged the cover lines so that the page as a result looks more consistent as a whole. The cover-lines before seemed to be crammed on the left side of the page so i decided to balance out the writing on the page. I also decided to add the Facebook and Twitter logo to give the page a more official look.







I observed some of the other contents pages online to see what structure of the page looks best to have as my own contents. As you can see above, VIBE and XXL have a consistent contents page theme whereby their contents are placed on one side of the page next to the main image on the background. Because XXL was one of the magazines i analysed as my case studies, i decided to take the idea of the contents page structure and use it on my own contents page. I feel that it gives the page a professional look and it also enforces the fact that i considered ideas from various magazines to produce my own. Moreover, i added other location images and different models to boost my marks a little more.

As well as on the contents page, i improved on my double page spread by changing the font style to the same font as in the cover page. I also made the structure of my double page spread look more professional and well down. I aligned the columns of my journalism better and as result, comparing to my final magazine before the feedback, it now looks more sophisticated and well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment